A law firm’s commitment to proactive risk management coupled with sound business practices can lessen the likelihood that a lawyer will face a malpractice claim, as well as help mitigate potential losses should a lawyer be sued. Risk Management is most effective if it is embraced as a business philosophy and incorporated into all stages of practice.
New Risk Management Program for CNA’s Insured Lawyers
Connect to a powerful new risk control resource. Anytime. Anywhere.
CNA has collaborated with West LegalEd Center® to create an online learning platform that is easy to use and offers a valuable benefit to CNA’s insured lawyers. As a CNA policyholder, you have access to a CNA self-study platform loaded with on demand programs that will help you to manage and minimize your professional liability risks. This educational platform is accessible 24/7 from any computer, laptop or tablet.
This new program, CNA’s School of Risk Control Excellence (SORCE®), will help Michigan attorneys qualify for up to 7.5% premium credit upon renewal of their malpractice insurance with CNA. The premium credit is valid for two years from the date of course completion.
CLICK HERE for step-by-step instructions on attending SORCE® webinars for premium credit.
Please note that each attorney will be required to register and create an individual user login ID and password. Upon enrollment, please have your policy number available. Attorneys will be required to enter their policy number to register. Once registered, each attorney will have access to three one-hour risk control courses, which upon completion of these courses, will qualify for premium credits.
Paragon Offers Many Tools for Your Firms Risk Management Needs:
1) School of Risk Control Excellence (SORCE®) for CNA insured attorneys
2) In-house Risk Management Seminars for CNA insured attorneys
3) Risk Management Hotline for CNA insured attorneys
4) Claims Examples
5) Risk Management Articles
6) LawyersInsurance.com – Additional Online Risk Management Tools from CNA such as:
- CNA PROfessional Counsel Newsletters
- Lawyers Risk Management “Tool Kit” – A “tool box” of sample forms, checklists, and other practice aids, as well as a comprehensive bibliography of ethics rules and opinions,case law and other risk management resources.
- RiskAlyzer – This fun and interactive online process can instantly assess any firm’s level of risk for potential professional liability troubles.
- Risk Management Articles
- Risk Management Links
The best way to minimize risk is to prepare for it.
Click here to visit our Risk Management Hotline
“You had better live your best and act your best and think your best today, for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow.” – Harriet Martineau (English Essayist & Novelist 1802-1876)