CNA Lawyers’ Professional Liability
The Nation’s #1 Largest Writer of Lawyers Professional Liability and The best Professional Liability choice for Michigan Law Firms
For nearly 50 years, Paragon Underwriters has demonstrated a commitment to providing Michigan lawyers with top-quality, customized professional liability insurance. We focus on the best coverage for our clients, not the lowest price. To ensure best-in-class coverage for our clients, Paragon proudly partnered with CNA in 2007 to become CNA’s Exclusive State Administrator for Michigan law firms with less than 35 attorneys. CNA is the nation’s #1 largest writer of legal malpractice insurance for law firms of all sizes and offers the broadest policy language available in Michigan.
- Largest writer of legal malpractice coverage in the U.S.
- More than 100 years of insurance experience
- More than 200,000 attorneys insured
- “A” rated (excellent) by A.M. Best
- Policy Language Endorsed by Multiple State Bar Programs
- Legal Ethics and Law Practice Management Hotline
- Claims Counsel and Claims Professionals with extensive lawyers professional liability experience
- Panel Defense Counsel composed of state and regional law firms with extensive experience and commitment to the profession
- Over $50 billion in assets
Paragon/CNA Program Highlights
- Broad range of limit options up to $10,000,000 for qualifying law firms
- Broad range of deductibles up to $250K, per claim or aggregate, loss-only deductible available
- Broad definitions of “Insured” and “Legal Services”
- No hammer clause!! Final decision to settle or not lies with the insured lawyer, not the insurance company
- Supplementary payments over and above policy limits, no deductible applies for:
- Disciplinary Proceedings defense up to $100K per policy period
- Loss of Earnings up to $500 per day, up to $50K per policy period
- Crisis Event Expense up to $20K per policy period
- Regulatory Inquiry up to $20K per policy period
- Risk Management Incentives including:
- ICLE involvement earns up to 25% annual premium reduction* (learn more)
- CNA On-Demand Webinars earn up to 7.5% annual premium reduction* (learn more)
- Deductible reduction up to $25K if a qualifying Engagement Letter is utilized (learn more)
- Deductible reduction up to $12,500 if claim is settled via mediation
- Subpoena assistance
- Pre-claims assistance
- Network Damage Claims coverage, with higher limits available (learn more)
- Allied Vendor Program for discounts on practice management software and services (learn more)
- Pro Bono Deductible Waiver waives deductible obligation for a claim arising from pro bono legal services
- Lobbyists—broadens definition of insured to include attorneys who are government affairs advisors or lobbyists
- Military Leave of Absence and Reinstatement endorsements includes premium adjustment during military leave and full reinstatement of coverage
- Coverage available for attorneys who join the firm during the policy period
- Innocent insured coverage
- Personal injury included
- Title agency services included, subject to underwriting
- Death or Disability Extended Reporting Period at no extra charge
- Optional coverages available including First Dollar Defense, Unlimited Claims Expense Outside Limits, and more!
- CNA Connect, a small commercial package policy, offers broad and relevant property and liability protection with a wide range of coverages, limits, and deductible options that go well beyond industry standards.
- Employment Practices Liability coverage insures you in the event of an employment-related liability claim like sexual harassment or wrongful termination. Learn more about EPLI today!
- Cyber Liability, an optional separate policy, will respond to privacy injury liability resulting from the unauthorized disclosure of private information, as well as the costs to comply with any applicable privacy law or regulation.
- Umbrella Coverage provides excess coverage to help prevent the devastating effect one large claim could have on the financial viability of your business.
- Workers’ Compensation coverage delivers the necessary and important statutory medical and indemnity benefits to employees for injuries arising from their jobs.
*Potential savings are determined by the specific lawyer and his or her practice. Savings are applied only to the individual, not a firm. Savings can only be obtained by providing a current eligibility report found in the ICLE My Account area at www.icle.org.