If you are a law firm that specializes in intellectual property, your professional liability insurance is of a completely different nature. Many insurance carriers that typically offer professional liability insurance to ‘normal’ law firms will not offer coverage to intellectual property firms.
Paragon Underwriters has teamed up with one of the leaders in the Intellectual Property Law Firm insurance sector, Jamison Pro.
Jamison is truly committed to IP Law Firms
With over 40 years of experience serving Intellectual Property (IP) Law Firms, Jamison recognizes the increased exposure faced by you, and they are committed to providing solutions to your specific needs and concerns. That is why they provide professional liability insurance designed specifically for IP law firms from their insurance partner CNA. They offer coverage on behalf of CNA due to its longstanding commitment to IP Law Firms.
As industry leaders in providing professional liability insurance coverage, Jamison and CNA understand the potential risks IP lawyers face everyday.
They will deliver:
- Coverage that is broad and current
- Innovative programs that will help you manage risk
- Vigorous legal defense for covered claims when it’s needed
- Dedicated and experienced underwriting team
- Knowledgeable and professional Claims Staff
- Panel Counsel specializing in the handling of IP claims
Helping You Protect Your Practice
In addition to the knowledge and experience Jamison & CNA offer, they provide a full range of IP coverages. The benefits of these coverages to firms like yours include:
- “Claims Made and Reported” policy form, which provides coverage for claims that are first made against you and reported to CNA during the policy period or extended reporting period
- Limits of Liability of up to $5,000,000 eah claim/annual aggregate, including damages and claim expenses, are available to qualified applicants
- 1-year, 2-year and 3-year extended reporting period options
- IP Firms with less than 35 attorneys
- Innocent insured coverage
- Libel, slander and defamation coverage
- Patent agents coverage
- Claims cannot be settled without your written consent
- Prior acts coverage (qualified applicants only)